Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Clicking these links does not cost you anything. The products are not more expensive through these links.
Hi Y’all! I hope everyone has had a great day so far and if you clicked into my blog, welcome! I’m happy you’re here. The first official blog post, I wanted to do a must have list for baby. These are just a few items I have personally used and come to love. If you have any items you love that aren’t on the list please leave a comment for all of the other momma’s to see.
- The Owlet Monitor- This isn’t a necessity but it definitely gives me a piece of mind at night. The Owlet Monitor straps to your baby’s foot and monitor’s his/her heart rate and oxygen level. The alarm will go off if the heart rate goes too low or too high or if the oxygen gets too low. We have had the alarm go off when E was sick and her oxygen went to low. The alarm jerked her awake and her oxygen went right back up.
- Owlet Monitor
- Swaddle Blankets- I personally love the swaddle blankets that come with the Velcro so that I don’t have to attempt to tuck any loose ends. ( I attempted and baby E unwrapped herself within minutes.)
- Swaddle Blankets
- Mamaroo- My parents bought this item for us and Emersyn LOVED it. There are different movement options along with sounds. Honestly, any swing would work it doesn’t have to be the mamaroo. I’ve seen several mom’s use the rock and play swing and their baby loves it. The constant motion is what’s key.
- White Noise Machine- I registered for this and didn’t realize how truly AMAZING noise could be. I have played this for Emersyn since she was three weeks old and she loves it. I turn hers to the heartbeat sound but there are tons of options. Plus the owl one we currently have can also be used for a nightlight when the child is older.
- Owl White Noise Machine
- NoseFrida- Before I was a mom the thought of sucking my child’s boogers out with this thing absolutely made me cringe. However, when your kid is sick with a stuffy nose this baby works wonders!! (Plus there are filters to prevent their boogers from coming close to your mouth.) You do have to be careful that you don’t suck too hard; this can cause their membranes to become more swollen.
- OogieBear- While we are on the subject of boogers, the OggieBear can help get those dry boogers out of their nose and the ear wax out of their ear. This is a little stick with a loop on each end. The bear’s ears prevent you from digging too far in causing pain.
- The Windi- This is made by the same company that made the Nose Frida. The windi is only meant to use when your child has severe gas pains or constipation. We used this on E and it helped relieve her belly and calm her crying from the pain.
- The Windi